04 février 2016

BRENTWOOD & SAN FRANCISCO #20 (english version)

Just a little postcard from the United States to say, 



Today's post is going to be a little different because it will not be that interesting for everyone. I'm going to talk about the day I spent in Bretwood, close to San Francisco with my american family. 
After that, you'll read about the last day we spent in SF with Laure before going to LA.

Sunday 23rd and Monday 24th of August 2015

For the first time since our arrival in SF, we used the BART, which is like the London's Overground or the RER in Paris. We took the yellow line until Pittsburg where Lynn and Rick picked us up to drive us to their lovely house in Brentwood. Strangely, the weather was really different and way drier and hotter than in San Francisco itself. 
It was so nice to have a little time drinking and enjoying the swimming pool all together. I was so glad to meet them !


So Lynn is actually the grand daughter of the grand daughter of the brother of the grand dad of my grand dad. I hope I didn't get it wrong but this is basically it. So she's part of my family but very far away. By the way, Steven who I met in Chicago is her nephew. 
So in the 1890's (I think it's that), three brothers from Italy wanted to live the American Dream. They moved to Michigan but one of them had to get back to Italy because he had to marry a girl there. That's the part of my closest family, from my dad's side who are still in Italy. But the other two brothers stayed in America. Here we are ! 
Thing is that, it was very moving for both of us to meet because I was the first one to came and visit them from Europe. 
We spend the day with Lynn, her husband Rick, their daughter Danielle, her husband and their little baby girl. It was just a perfect day and I was so happy to have the chance to get to know them. I really wish that I will go back very soon (maybe this summer for the family event that stands every four years) !



The very next day was our last one to spend in San Francisco. We decided to walk to Haight Ashbury (Haight Street and Page Street mostly) which is well known to be the place where all the hippie movement came from ! We even get the chance to see the place where Janis Joplin stayed in the 60's. 
It is also a really nice place to go shopping if you're looking for vintage pieces. We even saw  a shop with only clothes with psychedelic things on it. And there was an other one where people could buy things especially for the Burning Man Festival. That was crazy and I definitely enjoyed the all atmosphere !
I even bought a pin-up dress at Tatyana's. I fell in love with this shop and I like so much spending time on their website, looking at all the new dresses (especially the collection they had with Dita Von Teese).



If you want to do more shopping, especially for more common and trendy clothes or shoes, I really recommend you to go to Union Square. Prices are great compared to France especially in the Converse or the Van's shops. I bought myself a white pair of Chuck Taylor II. 
For our last evening, Albane, Laure and I went to "El Rio" in the Mission District. This is a super cool bar, pretty big, full of nice people. You can drink, dance, play pool and meet people while doing all of that. It was not really expensive (pretty cheap actually). We had a really good time and I really recommend you to go there !


If you have got any kind of questions, feel free to leave a comment.
Newt article will be on Monday. 
Take care and share my blog !




Aucun commentaire: