19 septembre 2015

NEW YORK #4 (english version)

Just a little postcard from the united States to say, 




You probably were looking for it, and here it is, my first "special" article bout this trip in which you will find my visit at the MoMa and the Rockefeller Center. 
In this article I'm going to talk less about where I walked and stuff, and I will focus more on the pictures I took in the museum and at the Top of the Rock. Enjoy the visit !

Tuesday, August 4th 2015

The Museum of modern Art, better known as the MoMa is one of the biggest modern art museum in the world (with Pompidou in Paris and the Tate Modern in London).
It is based in between the 5th and the 6th avenues in the 53rd street. It is actually six blocs away south Central Park.
We went there walking on Park Avenue and we made a stop at Grand Central to see the inside because it is actually really huge and beautiful.
We had bought this "RockMoMa" pass on the internat, which was 45$.
We spent the morning in the museum, went for lunch with my Parisian friend Robin in Central Park and then went back to the museum to see the other half we hadn't time to see in the morning. 
After that, we finally went to the Top of the Rock to see the stunning sunset ! 

In the MoMa there were few temporary exhibitions : Zoe Leonard pictures. Andy Warhol's Campbell's Soup. Yoko Ono's artwork from 1960 to 1971.
I won't talk about those here unless you leave a comment and ask me to. 
But, here are all the very famous pieces of art I liked the most in the permanent collection : 

Jasper Jones

Jackson Pollock

Edward Hopper

Paul Signac

Vincent Van Gogh

James Ensor

Henry Matisse

Amedeo Modigliani

Egon Schiele

Piet Mondrian

Diego Rivera

Gustav Klimt


We then went to the Top of the Rock around 7pm so we can have time to see the sunset. It was crowded and a bit annoying. We mostly took pictures and enjoy the amazing view of the city. It was really stunning to see it by night because when the sun set, all the lights in the buildings started to turn on. 






I just need to precise that I worked very hard to pay this trip. So I'm not lucky, I just do anything to realize my dreams.
I would be delighted to answer all of your questions.
Don't hesitate to share a comment bellow and share this article on social media.
You can also like the Facebook page and subscribe to the newsletter (just there on the right)

I will keep you update in english every Monday and Thursday on the blog.

Aucun commentaire: