07 septembre 2015

NEW YORK #1 (English version)

Just a little postcard from the United States to say, 



I took a week off in Paris before starting writing my articles about the amazing road trip I did this summer !
First of all, I would like to thank you all for following it on Instagram.
I really hesitate on how to write those articles but finally I will write it day by day and sometimes I will do a special article about some exhibitions I saw. 

Let's start it now, I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did !  

Saturday, August 1st 2015

First of all, you need to know that I did this road trip with my friend Laure. We met in London last year. I agreed to share the trip with someone and she really wanted to travel the world. This is how we became partner in crime !
We took the plane in Paris really early on Saturday morning. We decided to go with Air France but we ended up with Delta which was more than okay. The quality of the flight was great. As it was really long (about eight hours) we had time to watch some movies (HomeThe Help and Cinderella for me), to eat (vegeterians are served first in the plane), and to sleep a bit. Wifi was available but we didn't take it.
We arrived in New York around 1.30pm. We spent at least an hour and a half queuing to pass the customs. Don't forget to do your ESTAA before going to the US (it is more than 20$)
We then payed 16$ to go to Manhattan, Grand Central. From there we took one of he famous yellow cab who drove us to our hostel.
We booked a room at the Bowery House which is in NoLiTa, north ChinaTown. It was really central and we mostly walked.  

Daily view from the rooftop of the hostel

Night view

The hostel was really charming and everyone was so nice ! We had a relaie good time there. The only thing you need to know is that the rooms are called "cabins" and even if you are on your own in it, the ceiling is... none. Which means you can hear your neighbors. Thankfully everyone was really respectful of each other so we didn't have much trouble sleeping.
Anyway, we quickly settled our thing and went to have a drink on Prince St.. Then we had dinner at the Cafe Habana : huge burritos, so yummy ! 



Careful : Don't forget to tip when you go to America. It is really important because it is most of the salaries of the employees, especially in restaurants, cabs, pubs... Leave 20% of the bill (without taxes)

At night we went to meet up with some Parisians friends in ChinaTown. We wanted to go on the roof by the fire escape (you know, those very typical new-yore stairs !) but I got stuck because of vertigo and we had to get down...


I just need to precise that I worked very hard to pay this trip. So I'm not lucky, I just do anything to realize my dreams.
I would be delighted to answer all of your questions.
Don't hesitate to share a comment bellow and share this article on social media.
You can also like the Facebook page and subscribe to the newsletter (just there on the right)

I will keep you update in english every Monday and Thursday on the blog.

Aucun commentaire: